Below is a studio update as of May 26th, 2020.
Keeping Our Members Safe
First of all, thank you for reading our emails, sharing your successes with us, your kind words and social posts, and for loving us from afar. We have been completely humbled and honored to have you as a part of our community.
And to those of you who have maintained your memberships with us, thank you from the bottom of my heart. There is no way we would be making it through this without you. This is not meant to make you feel bad if you are suspended or canceled. We recognize that a virtual practice is different and that you should do for your family and yourself as needed.
However, we know that keeping up with familiar faces, moving your body, and making time for yourself is the only way we will all maintain our wits about us at this time.
We have not been given the official “green light” to reopen the studio but we have been at the studio moving bikes and measuring the space to see how many will be allowed in each class (given the 6ft social distancing guidelines). We’ve even met with an architect to see about moving some walls to allow for more space in our lobby and hallway (something I’ve wanted to do for a while now anyways! Silver Lining!)
We know these last 2 months have felt like a LIFETIME, and we are not sure what the future will look like, and you may be considering making changes to your account. If you are able to maintain your account, please do!! ☺️ And upon request (not today please), we will grant you a free month at a future date.This will allow us to stagger the hit on our finances. We have had minimal rent relief, we are still paying our instructors, we have equipped ourselves with proper gear to maintain an online presence, and we are up-fitting our physical facility to make sure it is meeting standards for your safety. All of this would not be possible without you.
The reality of these times begs us to tap into our super yogi powers. Over and over again, throughout the day, we have to remember to take deep breaths and pan back from the minutia that we cannot control. There are all sorts of subtle ways stress likes to creep up on us.
There’s a great little article called “10 Sneaky Ways Your Coronavirus Anxiety is Coming Out”. The gist of it is this:
- You may be more tired
- You might have a hard time sleeping
- You might startle more easily
- You are diving into hobbies or projects
- You may have a lack of motivation
- You could be feeling lonely
- Old patterns or mental health struggles may be surfacing
- You are feeling more physical discomfort like headaches or other ailments
- You might be more quick to anger or frustration
- You are forgetting things
Here’s the thing. I think we can all relate to a few of these, if not all of these, throughout any given day. It’s so important to name these sensations as they arise in order to move through them.
Someone asked me the other day for tips to get motivated.
My number one tip is…roll out your mat and just START. Our library and live schedule has lots of classes to dip your toes into. Even if you don’t do the whole class (which you totally will once you start.) The sensation you will feel afterwards is what will get you coming back. No one likes to feel like a floppy, bloated, forgetful, tired, neurotic blob… and let’s be real… we might be feeling that way.
So, keep your mat accessible… Even if you just watch the class and do just some of it.. you’ll feel better.
What’s next for TCY?
- Look for pop up outdoor classes! We are scoping out locations for this to happen, and are checking if we can provide this as soon as next week..
- We are constantly monitoring any government updates. As soon as we are allowed, we will open for small groups, privates, and anything we can do for you. Hang in there! It won’t be too much longer!
- We will be offering a modified schedule that can be found on MindBody. Our hope is to add more classes each month as our studio grows again and your feedback is very welcome. Some of you have reached out and are ready to get back to your in-studio practice. We understand others may choose to wait a bit longer and prefer to practice from home. We will still offer live-streaming classes on Zoom. We are also developing a VOD (Video On Demand) library that can be accessed through our website.
- We are limiting the amount of students in each in-studio class and following Jefferson county’s guidelines. Mat locations have been marked out on the floors and bikes have been moved to allow for proper social distancing. 7 students for all classes.
- Only active Unlimited Monthly Members will be able to take in-studio classes during our first re-opening phase.
- We will be offering new options like; “Tribe Training” for you and 3 of your ‘tribe” friends to come do a weekly workout with your favorite instructor.
- You MUST register online prior to class. NO DROP-INs will be allowed.
- Cancellations may be made up to 6 hours before the start of class. We will be enforcing a new cancellation policy due to our class sizes being reduced.
- You must cancel a class reservation at least 6 hours prior to the class start time. There is no fee if you cancel before the 6-hour window. For a late-cancel or no-show late-cancel a fee of $10 will be charged.
- Students – Please, if you are feeling sick, have a cough, fever, or have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, do not come to the studio until you have self-quarantined for a minimum of 14 days, per CDC recommendations.
- There will be no rental mats or props in the studio for the time being.
- Please bring your own mat and no props allowed for now. Be sure to sanitize your props before bringing them into the studio room. Note: We will be selling props including mats, bolsters, blocks and straps.
- CLEANING: For in-studio classes, we have enhanced safety protocols throughout the studio. We have the most amazing community, and we trust that together we can reopen in a safe and mindful way. We have ordered a tested air purifier (Molekule Air) to put in the studios to help reduce the presence of harmful pollutants in the room.
- We are minimizing contact points: The studio doors will be propped open (there will always be someone at the front desk during class). Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available. Wash and sanitize your hands upon entry. No personal items in the studio currently.
- If you have an existing membership your plan will continue at the current rate. Thank you to those of you who stuck with us through these challenging times. We are also offering new introductory offers as well as class packages and LiveStream and VOD add-on options.
We really appreciate and want to keep you a part of our family. For those who have needed to suspend, consider this as a time to start back up even in a limited capacity so you can make it through this time with us as well. Mindfulness, community, and freedom are cornerstones of our community. We are doing our best to maintain a safe and healthy practice environment for us all. We look forward to seeing you in a zoom class or in the studio.
Please reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate every one of you wherever you are at.